Accessible Customer Service Plan
UE Enclosures is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. We are committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We will ensure that our staffs are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, UE Enclosures will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the customer counter and or the front window or door.
Training for staff
UE Enclosures will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Customer service representatives, supervisor, managers, quality inspectors, delivery drivers, shipping and receiving and all office staff. This training will be provided to staff within three months after being hired.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
• UE Enclosures plan related to the customer service standard.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
• When applicable, how to use the equipment or devices available on site that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing UE Enclosures goods and Staff will also be trained when changes are made to UE Enclosures plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way UE Enclosures provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback on the website, at uecan.com, go to contact page and submit feedback or e-mail feedback to [email protected]
All feedback will be directed to the operations manager or appointee of UE Enclosures.
Customers can expect to hear back within seven business days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of UE Enclosures that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.